Mittwoch, 29. Oktober 2008

About God's answers, snow in London, and a great artist

On Monday I was pretty stressed out because of my first French test the following day. The problem was that I still had not received my course book and the week before I could not even conjugate s'appeler. So I tried to find as much information as possible in the internet and skyped with mum and Tina to study some. That night I told God that I'd rather avoid taking the test. Then, on Tuesday morning I went to the Strand, but could not really approach the building since the sidewalk was jammed with students. So I had to fight my way to the entrance, but it was closed. A sign said: Due to a power outage Strand campus is closed for today! I did not have to take the test:)

Last night I could hardly believe my eyes: it was snowing in London! What was sleet at the beginning turned into beautiful and immense snowflakes. What an awesome winter-feeling! After our lifegroup in a hotel lounge, Karim and I went to a pub to have a pint and whisky.

Now I am about to go to Hammersmith to watch Tottenham vs. Arsenal in the Old City Arms with David.

About a week ago I booked my flight home for Christmas. I will not only see beloved Münster again on 16 December, but also a great artist: William Fitzsimmons is going to jam in Gleis 22 - one of the greatest Indi-Folk singer songwriters of our times! I discovered him at the beginning of last year and found his music so great that I just had to write him on myspcace. I invited him to Münster and now he is coming! I am so looking forward to it! I will try to meet some friends then. I also have to go to Berlin to check out the Baptist archive for my dissertation and to see little Mia for the first time before going home to my parents' for Christmas.

p.s.: yesterday we prayed for my radiator because after two weeks and several complaints it still has not been working. I already though it's because of Joe "the plumber" Wurzelbacher being busy in helping the GOP beat Obama. Anyway, I got home last night and it worked for the first time:)

Keine Kommentare: